Sneaky Satisfaction

Freshly Fallen Acorns

The phrase "my country life" has been in my head for months now.  These words first started to knock around up there over a year ago when I was still living at 110 Lamont Drive.  I was in the final stages of selling it, and I was sad.  Even though I wanted to sell and looked forward to moving on, I was blue.  Life transitions are often bittersweet and seem to provide fertile ground for creativity.  So it was in this context that I first had the idea for My Country Life.

  
I'll be writing about my cabin and the time I spend here.  It is here where I feel most creative and inspired so it is a natural progression for me.  It's time to get back to writing, and My Country Life is my next writing project.

I drove over on Saturday to meet the guy I hired to prepare the "driveway" so that the drill rig can get in here to drill the well.  That's the next BIG step in the cabin's evolution.  I've been putting the well off for several years.  I had planned to have a well drilled  back in the fall of 2008, but the economy took a nose-dive so I decided to wait.  In the interim I have enjoyed it just as it is.  Rustic with an out-house, a chamber pot, and bottled water hauled in.  Some people think I'm crazy, but they miss the point. There is so much joy to be had in roughing it; so much contentment and freedom to be gained from discovering that you can make do. There is security in delaying investment until the time is right and sneaky satisfaction in realizing life is perfect right now, just as it is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benny: A Very Good Boy

Melvin Got His Wings

Benny, The Rescue